Trick or treat, smell my feet, give me mac n cheese to eat! Lol! I am giddy about this recipe because it’s my first official Halloween recipe on Alisha’s Aprons. I wanted to do one last year, but we were in the middle of moving into our new house and getting settled in! This is my twist on Toxic Waste Mac n Cheese. It is SO fun, and sooo yummy. Not only that, but it’s super easy. I’ve already been asked to bring it to my office’s Halloween party! Yay! Y’all do me a favor and go show me some love on my FIRST Halloween video!
- 8 oz elbow noodles, cooked and drained
- 1/2 stick of unsalted butter
- 1/3 all purpose flour
- 2 cups of Milk
- 1/2 tsp Slap Ya Mama Spice Cajun Spice
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 8 oz White Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- I packaged of frozen broccoli, steamed
- green food coloring
- Boil your noodles according to the instructions on the box. Drain, and set aside
- In a large skillet, melt the butter on medium heat. Sprinkle in the flour and whisk immediately! Slowwwllyy add the milk while simultaneously whisking. DO NOT STOP WHISKING. Don’t turn your back. Stay put and watch the sauce thicken. Once it’s nice and thick, lower the heat to low/med-low. Now, add your spices and stir!
- Stir in the shredded cheese and stir until it’s melted!
- Start with a couple drops of green food coloring, stir, and then add more until you’ve reached your preference of color.
- Steam the broccoli in the microwave. Once its, ready, add it to the cheese sauce and stir. Now add the noodles and stir.
- Top with some leftover shredded cheese and enjoy!