There’s three things I try to focus on when thinking of new recipes I want to blog: Is it easy to make, is it quick, and is it healthy?
I try to share recipes that have at least one of those qualities, excluding mac n cheese of course. You can’t rush perfection, honey.
I am proud to say that this recipe has all three of those qualities. Not only is it something you can throw in the crock pot and forget about, but you can save the leftovers and use them for meal prep! Yay!
You’re getting so many good nutrients with this recipe including fiber, tons of vitamin A, B, and E (which are great for hair, skin, and nails ladies!), and good proteins and carbs.
To prep this recipe you need to chop up your veggies into bite sized pieces. This recipe called for a small head of cauliflower, which I couldn’t find, and instead I chopped the normal one in half giving me the perfect amount. I’m saving the rest for cauliflower mash! Yum!
Add all the veggies and chicken to the slow cooker and mix well.
In a large bowl you’ll mix up your sauce that is going to add all the flavor to this meal. Then pour it over the chicken and veggies and you’re good to go!
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, defrosted and cubed
- 4 cups (half a head) chopped cauliflower
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped
- 16 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp dried sage
- 1 Tbsp basil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a 6 quart crock pot, combine the first six ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, mix the broth, cream cheese, olive oil and seasonings until well combined.
- Pour over the chicken and veggies and cook covered on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken and veggies are tender. Serve with brown rice or noodles and Enjoy!