Home Chef shipped out the best for last: Autumn Chicken Salad! I can’t express enough how good this salad is. It’s like slap yo mama and then run for your life, good. The running for your life being the most crucial part if you were born and raised in the south…
This dish is bursting with flavor from sautéed pecans to fresh goat cheese, and crisp apples to juicy seared chicken. It is tossed in a homemade dressing with a sharp white vinegar balanced with sweet maple syrup. The chicken really was so juicy it makes me wonder where on earth Home Chef has been hiding it! Seriously, Home Chef! Spill the details!
This chicken salad was perfectly light and filling, a combination that’s hard to come by. I liked it so much that I just went out and bought the ingredients on my own to make again! I want to whip it up at work for lunch. Maybe even put it in a mason jar? (;
Want to see my favorite Salad Mason Jar recipes? Click here: Alisha’s Salad Mason Jars
There’s crushed ginger in this recipe for the dressing that I normally wouldn’t have imagined using. It really ties in the taste of Autumn in this salad. I highly recommend trying it yourself!
I let the chicken cool a bit before slicing into strips.
Here’s how to make this recipe at home:
1 Romaine Heart
1 Red Delicious Apple
2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
¾ oz. Pecan Halves
1 fl. oz. Seasoned Rice Vinegar
2 tsp. Chopped Ginger
1⅖ fl. oz. Breakfast Syrup
1½ oz. Shredded Red Cabbage
½ oz. Dried Cranberries
1 oz. Goat Cheese Crumbles
Olive Oil For Drizzling
Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Hold the romaine head at it’s root and chop coarsely. Cut the apple into thin slices and remove the core. Rinse chicken, pat dry and season both sides with ½ tsp. salt and a pinch of pepper
- Place a medium non-stick pan over medium heat. Add 2 tsp. olive oil and chicken to hot pan. Cook until browned on both sides (4-5 minutes per side). Transfer to cutting board and let cool for 5 minutes. Cut chicken into ¼” slices, if desired. Wipe pan clean and reserve. While chicken is cooling, toast pecans.
- Return the pan used to cook chicken to medium heat. Add pecans to hot pan and swirl gently until nuts are toasted and aromatic (2-3 minutes). Remove from pan and set aside.
- Whisk seasoned rice vinegar, ginger, breakfast syrup, and 2 Tbsp. of olive oil together in a medium mixing bowl. Season with ¼ tsp. salt and a pinch of pepper. Taste, and add more breakfast syrup if more sweetness is desired (which it always is for me!).
- Add chopped romaine, red cabbage, dried cranberries, and goat cheese (breaking it up with your fingers) over bowl with dressing, and toss gently. Taste, and season with a pinch of salt and pepper if desired.
- Place salad in a shallow bowl and arrange toasted pecans and apples over lettuce. Top with chicken and a pinch of pepper.