Every person that reads this title is thinking, “what does BYPO mean?” Well, if you’ve ever made my mac n cheese (recipe here), you’d know it stands for “blow your pants off.”
When it comes to gluten free baking, most people expect to see a long list of ingredients and a lot of steps in the recipe. This recipe is not your typical gluten free brownie recipe. To start off, it’s freaking incredible. I guarantee that if you follow this recipe step by step, you will wonder if these brownies are truly gluten free. They taste just as rich and “unhealthy” as the regular ones. In my opinion, they’re even better.
Another reason this recipe is different is because it actually only requires gluten free flour. No xanthan gum (whatever that is), no ground flax seed powder, or corn starch. It’s just gluten free flour. The “craziest” thing in this recipe is the 2 eggs and 2 egg yolks. Yes, for the oil I used coconut oil, but you can totally use vegetable oil! Make it your own! That’s the joy of baking!
By now, you all should know that I don’t bake things that taste sub-par. Or, “okay.” Or, “ehhh… it’s alright.” I bake goodies that blow people pants off. This is one of the reasons why Adrian always wears a belt!
- 1/3 cup Hersheys Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp boiling water
- 2 oz. unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped (I use Baker’s squares)
- 1/2 stick of unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1¾ cups gluten-free flour ( I used King Arthur)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 bag of Nestle Milk Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prep a 9 x 13 in baking dish by covering the bottom with aluminum foil and spraying it with non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt the butter in a small bowl. Set aside. In a small sauce pan, bring water to a boil and whisk in the cocoa powder. Add Baker’s unsweetened chocolate and whisk until the chocolate is melted. Pour the chocolate mix into a large mixing bowl. Add the melted butter and coconut oil and blend on medium speed until smooth. Add eggs, yolks, and vanilla extract, and continue to whisk until fully incorporated. Add in the sugar and blend well.
- Fold in the flour and the salt, then begin to mix on low speed, adding speed until the mix is completely smooth.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan, then sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly on top. Bake until toothpick inserted halfway between edge and center comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached, 35-40 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack and cool 1 1/2 hours (yes, you should wait this long!)