Halloween came, Halloween went, and along went my dairy free diet right along with it!
I couldn’t resist the call of my all time favorite guilty pleasure… Reese’s. I love Reese’s!
I wanted to kick start my healthy diet back into high gear, so I turned to my trusty 8Fit app for a list of nutritious recipes that are molded around my own diet and budget.
This app is AWESOME. When I lived in Dallas I had a personal trainer. He whooped my butt! I was sore for days after our work outs, and I loved it. He always switched things up and kept my poor muscles guessing.
After moving to Austin, I had to rely on myself to find new workouts, and while Pinterest is the best place (in my opinion) to get inspired, this app beats everything else.
It gives you work outs that you can do anywhere. You don’t need any weights, which means: no money wasted at the gym. I’ve even done the work outs with no shoes on (I have carpet)! You can adjust the intensity of your work out, add music, and most importantly, take your time. You aren’t rushed. Of course, I recommend pushing yourself, but with this app you can go at your own pace!
What I really love about Fit8 is the nutrition aspect of it. You can eliminate dairy, gluten, sugar, meat, pork… anything you want. You choose which meals a day you’d like to see recipes for, and you chose whether or not you want a lot of option for the week or just a few. I go with just a few that way my shopping budget doesn’t go overboard.
The recipe in this post is packed with 24g of protein, 33g of carbs, and 20g of healthy fats.
It doesn’t look like much, bit it’s pretty darn good!
I ate this for lunch just a few hours before my work out, and it gave me to energy I needed to go kick butt when I got home!
Give this recipe a try! Even better, download the app and start getting inspired to get healthy and fit!
Let me know what ya’ll think!
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Small Russet Potato
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Can of Tuna in Water (drained)
- 1 tsp White Vinegar
- 1/2 C Chicken Broth
- 2 tsp Freshly Chopped Parsley
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Peel and cut potato and put in a put of boiling water until tender (20 minutes). Drain and set aside.
- Combine tuna with the vinegar and olive oil in a small bowl
- Meanwhile, place egg in a small pot with 1-2 inches of water. Bring to a rolling boil then cover and remove from heat. Let cook for 12 minutes then transfer eggs to a colander and place under cool running water while you de-shell the egg. Cut the hard boiled egg into strips and set aside.
- Mince the parsley into small pieces
- Place the pot in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add the chicken brother and mix with an electric blender (or mash by hand).
- Serve with the mashed potatoes on the bottom, then add the tuna, and top off with the hard boiled egg and parsley.