Banana bread is great and all… but when you add chocolate and peanut butter to it?
It’s the best.
Cue in this easy delicious recipe that EVERYONE needs to try at least ONCE. This is such a perfect holiday recipe too, esp for Christmas morning with a warm cup of coffee after opening presents under the tree. UGH! I am in SUCH the Christmas spirit right now! I want to make Christmas cookies this weekend. There’s an easy gingerbread cookie recipe I found that I want to try. The secret to the best gingerbread cookie recipe is finding one where the dough doesn’t expand in the oven as it bakes. THAT’S key! I’ll keep y’all updated on it 😀
ANYWAY, back to this banana bread. YUMMM. I saw this on FeelGoodFoodie’s snapchat and decided to tweak a few things (of course) to see how it turned out. Personally, the chocolate chips on top are an added bonus, and I’m so thankful that chocolate is my vice so that I can add as much of it as I please. Keep on scrolling for the recipe below!
Let me know how it turns out for you, and let me know what kind of holiday treats you’re looking forward to making!
- 1 cup whole wheat all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3-4 bananas (about 1 1/2 cup mashed bananas)
- 1/3 cup peanut butter, slightly melted
- 3/4 cup grandulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Banana slices (optional)
- Chocolate Chips for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork. Add the melted peanut butter, sugar, coconut oil, eggs, and vanilla extract and stir until combined and smooth.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. Pour into the prepared loaf pan and top with thinly sliced banana pieces.
- Bake for 55 – 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes before slicing.