It’s definitely beginning to feel a lot like Christmas at my house!
I’ve got all of the decorations up, presents wrapped under the tree, and the lights are all aglow. It’s my favorite time of year because it fills me up with such warmth. I like to remember the meaning of Christmas, which is the promise that we will be made brand new through Christ. How fitting is it, that Christmas is at the end of the year? So, as we step into 2017 we can remember that Jesus was sent to die on the cross for our sins, be the ultimate redemption, and give us a new life in Him where we are washed as white as snow!
Looking back on 2016, I can see God pointing out aspects in my life and hearing Him say, “I want you to trust me more here, and put your faith in me here.” Moments this year where I could have seen a better outcome if I had trusted God instead of leaned on my own understanding.
For me, Christmas is a time to love on family and friends the way that God called us to. To give grace like He has given, and to give more than just toys and makeup away, but joy, cheer, and gratitude. Sometimes I need to be reminded that I’m not meant to conform to this world and be like everybody else. Sometimes I just need Christmas.
Speaking of Christmas, let’s talk about these brownies!
These are the easiest things to make. Just grab your favorite brownie mix (mine is always Ghirardelli), bake according to the box, and then add icing and sprinkles! I had some leftover food coloring mist from the witch fingers I made for Halloween, so I split up these brownies into Candy Cane and Red & Green Christmas brownies.
It’s so easy! Here’s how I did it!
I just used leftover cream cheese frosting (my favorite!), but you can use anything! Marshmallow Fluff would be yummy with peppermint!
I sprayed these brownies with red food coloring mist, then swirled in green drops of food coloring with a chop stick. Hey, it works!
I crushed the mini candy canes in a food processor to make the peppermint crumbles.
And Voila! The easiest, most delicious Christmas treat!
- 1 Box of your favorite brownie mix
- Frosting of your choice (I used cream cheese)
- Red and Green food coloring
- Christmas Sprinkles!
- Candy Canes
- Bake the brownies according to the box instructions.
- As the brownies bake, crush up about 1 cup of candy canes in a food processor, or by hand. You can place them in a ziplock baggy, grab something strong, like a can of soup, and smash away! LOL!
- When the brownies are finished baking, let them cool completely before icing them. If you don’t want to add food coloring, then just sprinkle with your candy cane crumbles and sprinkles and enjoy! Or, add a 4 or 5 drops of food coloring on the brownies, swirl around with a toothpick, top with sprinkles, and enjoy!